Main lessons from this 2nd edition of the Belgian R&D Barometer
- Decreased optimism between 2018 and 2019: 76% of CEOs surveyed are optimistic about their innovation portfolio, compared to 88% in 2018.
- 66% of the business leaders are talking about R&D activities whose identification and reporting deserve an optimisation.
- 61% of companies neglect innovation in their production process.
- More than a third of the directors of innovative companies say they have never heard of Industry 4.0, while 57% of them consider financing the transition to be a real challenge.
- 81% of companies consider the optimisation of R&D funding as a priority, but the various measures remain under-utilised.
- Although 7 out of 10 companies apply the withholding tax exemption for researchers quite well and value it for its generosity, they find the complexity of implementing it high. And incorrect application leads to 44% of companies controlled by the administration having to be corrected.
- 7 out of 10 companies also find the regional subsidy mechanisms complicated.
Download the full report using the form to the right.